SoundCloud is an open platform for both listener and creators. Soundcloud is the world's largest music and audio platform. In SoundCloud, people discover and enjoy the greatest selection of music from the most diverse creator community on earth. This enables its users to upload, promote, and share audio, as well as a digital signal processor enabling listeners to stream audio.
SoundCloud is oriented towards streaming, with music discovery, playlist and sharing features. Soundcloud offers both free and paid membership on the platform, available for desktop and mobile services. The interactive nature of SoundCloud allows creators from musicians to podcasters to connect with listeners and fans through its various sharing tools. That include a feature SoundCloud is perhaps most known for its popular commenting feature. It allows users to share their thoughts on specific moments in an audio stream which are then visible by anyone who listeners to the track.
SoundCloud has influenced the music industry
SoundCloud has influenced the music industry through the success of many artists who have used the service to launch or advance their careers SoundCloud has received support from many investors and other media platforms such as Twitter. Being that the platform is entirely online there is no need for a record label or distributor for one’s music to be heard. Users and artists are placed into the platform together, creating a community focused space. The way that users are able to comment, like and share songs and artist makes the platform feel more like a social media site rather than a streaming services. Many artists have moved from Soundcloud into the mainstream music industry, because of their increased popularity from the platform.
SoundCloud was launched in 2008 and has headquarters in Berlin and offices in the U.S and Europe . Soundcloud operators worldwide, enabling users to upload 12 hours of audio materials to its platform every minute. Each audio file must be transcoded and stored in multiple formats. With a global audience that is active 24 hours a day, soundcloud uses a combination of Amazon simple storage service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Glacier as its storage solution. The audio files are placed in Amazon S3 and distributed from there via the soundcloud website. Soundcloud launched a new artist services platform called Repost by soundcloud aimed at “serious artists who want to take their career to the next level".
1. Soundcloud allowing files to be embedded in Twitter and Facebook posts, although mobile devices require a soundcloud app to play a track within Facebook users can listen to unlimited audio.
2. Registered users without paid subscriptions may upload up to 180 minutes of audio to their profile at no cost.
3. Soundcloud distributes music using widgets and apps. Users can place the widgets on their websites or blogs, and then soundcloud depicts audio tracks graphically as waveforms and allow users to post users are allowed to create playlists.
4. Sound cloud’s API allows programs to upload music and sound files, or downloaded files if the uploader has given permission to do so.
5. Soundcloud supports AIFF,WAV,FLAC,ALAC,OGG,MP2,MP3,AAC,AMR, and WNA files.
6. Soundcloud is a free music streaming and distribution platform with paid tiers for users and artists.
7. SoundCloud is free, with paid subscriptions offering ad-free listening and offline listening options for fans.
8. SoundCloud is available online and for iOS and Android devices, and the basic version is free. While anyone can sign up and use SoundCloud at no-cost, there are advanced features that will require a monthly subscriptions for creators, there’s the option of soundcloud Pro unlimited.
9. SoundCloud basically allows you to upload three hours of audio content and access to states like the number of track plays and likes. Using soundcloud is a bit more involved for creators. As there are many tools at your disposal to share your work and grow your audience.
10. Soundcloud has given artists an alternate path to pursue for a career in music that is different from the existing music industry.
Many big artists use soundcloud as their debut platform such artists as Cuppy, Che Lingo, Kehlani, Baby Rose and Lil Tecca.